Saturday, March 22, 2008

Scooter!

I picked up my scooter today! It is so beautiful. I woke up early and went on my bike ride and the weather was gorgeous although a little windy in the north end of the valley but then when is it not. Came home, showered and off we went to Noho to pick it up. It was all ready sitting right in the front of the showroom with a SOLD sign on it. Love it!

After all the paperwork I got the low down on all (ha ha) of its functions. Since I had to drive it home from Noho all the way to West Hills I drove it around the side streets from the dealer to at least get used to it before hitting the busier roads. It took me just a little bit of time to get used to the throttle and how it handled in the turns. Once I felt comfortable off we went home. Grant followed me in the car which was nice to know at least I had someone on the road on my side. I went down Magnolia as far as it could go before getting on Ventura Blvd. The ride home was not too bad. I am already programmed to look way down the road for hazards and just assume that everyone will be doing something stupid which is usually the case. It appears that my speedo may be off as I was indicating 35mph to 40mph and Grant said I was doing 28mph. I’ll have to look into this. Anyway, I had a blast riding it! Zoom, Zoom! Oh, I purchased a personalized plate, “CiaoAmi”. Since you have to say ciao on a scooter and it is the Saint Tropez which is French I felt it was appropriate. Here are some photos of the scooter!

The side view!


Me on my ride!



The scooter company's logo.

3 comments:

julienne said...

Bella Stella!
Puttin' the vroom in zoom!
Congrats, though I am a teensy bit envious!
julienne

Unknown said...

Oohhhhhhhhhhh lala Stella. What fun. Joe and I have to get twins for the beach.

Anonymous said...

We are bringing out scooter to Redlands... you know, just in case we need to run for coffee or something!

You can drive, I'll ride bitch. =)