Friday, April 25, 2008

Sea Otter - Sunday April 20th

X had a free entry to do the mountain bike cross country race so we were up early. I thought I would go with her to help her and then while she was racing, go on my easy recovery ride to spin the legs out.


Of course, today’s weather was much better than yesterday's and it was already in the 50s and there was barely any wind, just a breeze. X was all kitted out in her pink Seigler gear and looked hot on her Jenn X mountain bike. Her race was delayed, so we rode around awhile with Tracey from Bike John’s.

X all pinked out


From the top of the course looking out over the valley.

Off they went and I headed out of the raceway and took a spin to Highway 1 and back. I was all bundled up but happy it was not in the 40s. X ended up getting 11th in her race which was awesome considering she has not raced a mountain bike for a long time.

As of today, I am officially a member of my new team, Vanderkitten. So I spent my day visiting with them at their booth and meeting customers. I went and saw some of my new sponsors and introduced myself. A busy weekend. I picked up my new BH bike and Vanderkitten gear and off X and I went home. We were pretty tired and desperately wanted to get out of the cold.


Group class on nasal irrigation.


McDonald's iced coffee. The only thing you need for a long trip.

I am very excited about racing with my new team and we are off next week to Georgia to race in the Southeast Crit Series. Yeah!! I will miss my SBW sistas though.


No comments: