Friday, June 13, 2008

Last Days of the Southeast Crit Series

I am so behind in my blog! Just a brief recap of the last days of the Southeast Crit series. My cold turned into a chest infection and every day I raced worse and worse. Ugh! The frustration! On the last day of racing in Sandy Springs I crashed hard. In fact, so hard that I do not remember the crash or where I was after I came to. All I can remember is that is was really green wherever I was. My teammates were great after the crash and took care of me. The flights home were a little rough as my neck and shoulders were all bruised and sore. My head was constantly throbbing. Luckily I made a call to Dr. Wells from the airport and knew that relief was on its way the next day. Sure enough, on Tuesday Dr. Wells started his magic and I was on the road to recovery!

Leigh with the wild flowers of Greensboro behind her.



My helmet after the crash. It broke in about 8 places! It did its job.



Melissa at our Decatur hang out, the Java Monkey!

No comments: